Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Palani.

Sri Murughan
Today being Pangguni Uttaram, I have decided to post some photographs of the Murugan temples which I visited. Let me tell you, the temples in India are very fascinating and one could simply marvel the architecture and get immersed in the spiritual vibes.


Being in such holy places, one forgets the mundane problems of materialistic live, one experiences no lethargy and can even devoid oneself of hunger, thirst and keeps the senses under control.

Below are the photographs of the 6 places in which Lord Skanda, or Lord Muruga as He is commonly known in South India spent His past times and the places in which He set his lotus feet on.Let’s begin with Palani.


Quite certain, usually this is the first place that crosses the mind of any Murugan bhaktar. Once we arrived at the foothill of the hill, I immediately entered into one of the many shops whereby you could rent a kudam.


We bought milk and filled the kudam with the fresh milk and I carried the kudam up the numeours steps that eventually brought me up to the Palani temple, above the hill.

While walking above the steps, there were beautiful statues of the deities along the path and a small shrine built for Idumbar. Silently chanting the gayatri mantra for Lord Subramanya, our hearts were filled with pure ecstasy as we climbed the staircase.

As my mom and aunt trailed quit far behind me, I occasionally stopped at some of the platforms, while awaiting them to catch up. It goes without saying that any day in a famous.

Hindu temple is comparable to that of a carnival. Above the hill, we queued up and waited for our turn to worship the lord. I handed over the paal kudam to the priest and the priest, in turn poured the pure milk onto Lord Saravana.

The remnants of the milk were then given to other devotees who flocked around us outside the temple compound. My obeisance to Lord Karthikeya, as it’s by His grace alone; I managed to fulfill my desire, to see Him here in Palani.

No comments: